DIY Dryer repair – drum won’t spin

There’s never a dull day around this house is there? A couple of weeks after I solved the leaking washing machine problem (problem was the drain hose lost it’s plug but I didn’t realise that was the case until after I found it on the bottom of the machine) now the dryer makes plenty of noise but the drum doesn’t spin. Also it clunks. And while I’m no dryer repair person, I’m fairly sure that’s not supposed to be the case. Let’s see if we can suss this one out then!

Read more

Albury weather – how cold is now?

Albury Weather

According to search stats, there’s roughly 49,500 searches each month about Albury Weather. It seems a lot of you want to know if it’s blazing hot or freezingly cold in the border region of Albury Wodonga Australia. So, at the time of writing (mid winter) I can tell you that it’s now gone colder than an already frozen witches mammary gland..

Read more

7 Things I’ve learnt from my latest rent inspection

rent inspection

Whoowee, it’s rent inspection time! Which means in casa Almigo, it’s been a thumpingly solid three weeks of mowing. And vacuuming. And dusting. Oh and window washing, mopping, hack, weed whacking, bench top clean, sorting, stacking, hosing and just about every other cleaning term known to man to keep the owners and real estate company happy.
And while I’m tireder than tired, I’ve learnt a few strange things along the way…

Read more

Roll your own – diary/planner edition

I’m a big fan of having a diary planner and just writing things down full stop – I’ve tried work diary planner apps on my Samsung and ended up using them about 10% of the time (before promptly forgetting I have them.) Actual physical diary planner books seem to sync with me so much the better, because I remember to actually scrawl into them about 90% of the time (the other 10% is due to me misplacing it somewhere.)

But next year (2023) I’m going to go a little different – with a printable diary planner instead, fine tuned to my needs. Who doesn’t like trying new things? And who doesn’t like something custom built to their specifications?

Read more